Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bean-isms (Volume 1)



There are no two ways about it: children are hilarious. Bean is certainly no exception! She says and does the most random funny things! I have been trying to figure out how to organize some of the quotes she comes up with, and I think I am just going to start off with this post and then entitle all of her posts "Bean-isms." This is mostly for myself, as I'm bad at writing this stuff down to put in her baby book. She keeps me laughing (and crying)! Here are a few of my favorites from lately...


1/25/11
After being asked by someone if she'd rather have a Dora or SpongeBob sticker, Bean says (in a very concerned voice), "Well, my mommy says she doesn't really like for me to watch SpongeBob. So, I think we better just do Dora today, ok?"

1/24/11
Bug decided that she liked it better when Bean fed her baby food. At dinner time, Bean begged to feed Bug again, so I cleaned up the dishes while she did it. Afterward, she says, "Mommy, I just apreshate (appreciate) you. That's why I love to feed Bug because it's fun and it helps you and you can finish doing everything you have to do."

1/24/11
While I was reading from the Bible, Bean says, "Mommy, I would like you to read to me about childbirth. I will go change my clothes, then you read to me about childbirth and Mary had a little lamb." 


1/23/11
Bean (refusing to take a nap and screaming and crying until I finally told her that she was absolutely NOT getting up until she could stop screaming): "Thanks a lot, Mommy. You woke up Bug. If you hadn't been fussing at me, she would not have wake-did up!" Hahahaha! Funny part was that Bug had been up for quite some time.

1/22/11
Hubs left the iPod on the sofa. Bug started messing with it, of course. Bean runs over and grabs the iPod out of Bug's hands and puts her hands on her hips, exclaiming, "Mommy! You see what happens when you just leave your stuff laying around ?!" When I told her that I didn't do it, she marched across the house to let Hubs know that he should NOT leave his iPod on the couch.

1/17/11
Me (reading Joel 1:2 out loud while the kids played): "Hear this, you elders; listen, all who live in the land. Has anything like this ever happened in your days or in the days of your forefathers?..."
Bean (interrupting me): "No, nothing like that ever happened in my days!"

No comments:

Post a Comment